A beautiful, quirky, hand drawn map of your place- just imagine!
We perch on our planet, precariously tilting on the curve of the earth. We dig our roots into the soil, our foundations into the rock. For generations we live in our landscapes, building, farming and creating our places. I am fascinated by our presence in the landscape. I am fascinated by hand drawn maps and the stories that appear in them, I also make hand drawn birds-eye-view maps.
- First study the OS map to understand the skeleton of the place
- Sketch the rough map at about A1 size with pencil on card
- Walk and draw the town, taking lots of photos, noticing roof colours, odd features
- Complete the pencil sketch and get copies made
- Invite commissioners of the map to check for accuracy, adding and amending where necessary
- Trace the sketch onto drawing film using Rotring Rapidoliners and black ink
- Scan the drawing to create a digital file
- Colour the picture in Photoshop